Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vundo, gadcom.exe, prunnet.exe, sheur2.hsf and more! Please help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KatieL

KatieL

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

My computer started going haywire yesterday evening. I started getting pops-ups left and right, fake "virus alert" messages, etc. I immediately shut down the system, and when I restarted it, it told me that my automatic updates and firewall had been turned off. I tried to turn them back on, but the system wouldn't let me. I am running windows XP (I think I only have service pack 2). I knew there was something very worng, so I tried to restore my system to an earlier date. The system restore would only let me restore to the approxiamte time when I aquired the virus(es). So, I got the latest AVG update (mine was only a few days out of date), and then ran AVG. It found the following threats (some of them it was able to "heal". others it could only "contain" in the virus vault): Virus found FakeAlert, trojan Horse downloader generic8.HPC, Trojan Horse Sheur.hsf (it found this one twice), trojan horse bho.gss (it also found this one twice), and trojan horse bho.gsx. I tried to turn my auto updates and firewall back on again after AVG "fixed" the viruses it found. It did not work. I also tried to get back on the internet with IE, still a ton of pop ups. So, I then started researching on the net (with my hubby's laptop) for what to do. The next thing I tried, was I went into msconfig in the startup menu and found a dll file that looked suspicious. I unchecked that file. The computer seemed to start up a bit faster after that, but I was still having the same problems with the firewall/updates and pop ups. So, I downloaded the atf cleaner, and ran it in safe mode (I check all the boxes). Still the same problems. Next I downloaded malwarebytes' anti-malware software and ran a full scan. It found the following infected (I can post the whole log if you'd like me to, but here is the summary part):
Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 161818
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 17 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 21
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 12

Finally, I was able to turn the firewall and updates back on. After this, I went into system restore and turned it off and then back on so that it wouldn't restore to the point when I had the viruses. I then tried out IE. It is much better, but I was still getting more pop ups than usual. I also tried at this point to install service pack three on my computer (since it seems like a lot of the advice on these forums says you should keep the latest versions of everything). Service pack 3 ran all night and did not completely install. So, this morning I told it to stop trying to install, and I ran a quick scan on the anti-malware software and it found 2 more threats. I turned system restore off and back on again after this. I restarted the computer (which was a pain b/c the service pack had partially installed and had to uninstall itself), and checked IE. I am still getting more pop ups than normal. So, if you made it all the way through my saga-- where should I go from here?? I know very little about computers, but I'm pretty good at following directions! Thanks in adavnce for any help! --Katie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

Hello and welcome,yes please post the complete log. It will list a lot of things (such as service packs) and some malwares react and associate with others. The malware is interefering with many things here.

Next run SAS and post that log,thanks.
But first ATF>>
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Now SAS>>
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 KatieL

KatieL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Thanks so much for your help. Here are the logs from what I've done so far:

Anti-Malware Log (ran this scan evening of December 27th-- the day I got the virus:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1550
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12/27/2008 11:12:55 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-27 (23-12-55).txt

Objects scanned: 161818
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 17 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 21
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 12

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\efcYSMfg.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\nnnlihwv (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c0285917-f1e5-4402-b164-ca6e9d0c96ad} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c0285917-f1e5-4402-b164-ca6e9d0c96ad} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c0285917-f1e5-4402-b164-ca6e9d0c96ad} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{b64f4a7c-97c9-11da-8bde-f66bad1e3f3a} (Rogue.WinAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2d2bee6e-3c9a-4d58-b9ec-458edb28d0f6} (Rogue.DriveCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\efcysmfg -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\efcysmfg -> Delete on reboot.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nnnliHwV.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\efcYSMfg.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gfMSYcfe.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gfMSYcfe.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oldlrhdl.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ldhrldlo.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Local Settings\Temp\xpre.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Local Settings\Temp\winvsnet.tmp (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP452\A0055200.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP453\A0055240.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP453\A0055241.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Anti-Malware Log (quick scan I ran on the morning of the 28th):
Database version: 1550

12/28/2008 9:11:21 AM
mbam-log-2008-12-28 (09-11-20).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 77560
Time elapsed: 22 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

SAS Log (I ran this one today after you suggested it):
SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/29/2008 at 02:35 PM

Application Version : 4.23.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 3687
Trace Rules Database Version: 1663

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 06:05:29

Memory items scanned : 181
Memory threats detected : 1
Registry items scanned : 6522
Registry threats detected : 8
File items scanned : 118498
File threats detected : 219

Adware.Vundo Variant
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NJKMYE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NJKMYE.DLL
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{38e65beb-7e9f-42f1-9524-cb692f2812cd}
HKCR\CLSID\{38E65BEB-7E9F-42F1-9524-CB692F2812CD}
HKCR\CLSID\{38E65BEB-7E9F-42F1-9524-CB692F2812CD}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{38E65BEB-7E9F-42F1-9524-CB692F2812CD}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{38e65beb-7e9f-42f1-9524-cb692f2812cd}
HKU\S-1-5-21-1180021678-475375700-3418630876-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{38E65BEB-7E9F-42F1-9524-CB692F2812CD}
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WTBLCPDF.DLL

Unclassified.Unknown Origin
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6D794CB4-C7CD-4C6F-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6D794CB4-C7CD-4C6F-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C}

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Cookies\katie@statcounter[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Cookies\katie@www.googleadservices[1].txt
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.doubleclick.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.trafficmp.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.trafficmp.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.atdmt.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.zedo.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.zedo.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
media.adrevolver.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.media.adrevolver.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.media.adrevolver.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
media.adrevolver.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adrevolver.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adrevolver.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
ads.adbrite.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adbrite.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adbrite.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.tribalfusion.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ehg-veohnetworksinc.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.serving-sys.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.serving-sys.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.bs.serving-sys.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.richmedia.yahoo.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adlegend.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adopt.euroclick.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.specificclick.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.specificclick.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adopt.specificclick.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adopt.specificclick.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.mediaplex.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
www.googleadservices.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.burstnet.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.burstnet.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
www.burstbeacon.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.youramateurporn.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adultfriendfinder.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adultfriendfinder.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.youramateurporn.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
image.masterstats.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
ad1.clickhype.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.www2.everythingfreeporn.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.www2.everythingfreeporn.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
www.googleadservices.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.statcounter.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.statcounter.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.questionmarket.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.questionmarket.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.insightexpressai.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.insightexpressai.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.zango.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.zango.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.hosted.zango.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.hosted.zango.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.brightcove.112.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.weborama.fr [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.linkto.mediafire.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.linkto.mediafire.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.kontera.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.kontera.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.roiservice.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ehg-bestbuy.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.casalemedia.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.casalemedia.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.tacoda.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.tacoda.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.partner2profit.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.partner2profit.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.advertising.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.advertising.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.anat.tacoda.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.sales.liveperson.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.sales.liveperson.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.divx.112.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.eb.adbureau.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.eb.adbureau.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.e-2dj6wfkiskazgep.stats.esomniture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.mediafire.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.mediafire.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ehg-dig.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ehg-dig.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.media.hotels.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.track.bestbuy.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.track.bestbuy.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.media.medhelp.org [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.tremor.adbureau.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.medhelpinternational.112.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.phg.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ehg-medpagetoday.hitbox.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.www.googleadservices.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.www.googleadservices.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.statse.webtrendslive.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.anheuserbusch.122.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adinterax.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]
.adinterax.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\azve8iel.default\cookies.txt ]

Malware.Installer-Pkg/Gen
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{26D2C2C3-CF14-4ED7-B1FC-0BE64AFBA3B3}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{3C48F877-A164-45E9-B9DA-26A049FFC207}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{6293BC00-4EB8-4C65-8548-53E2FC3BF937}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{651956B7-1969-42AA-9453-E0B813019D54}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{6B6A7665-DB48-4762-AB5D-BEEB9E1CD7FA}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{989E4C3B-B2C9-4486-9A09-D5A8F953837C}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{C0A0AA4D-C79B-48CA-8843-2B02B626C9E6}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{C2D8F0E2-6978-4409-8351-BA8785DA11EE}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{D1A6F3FD-7B40-443F-8767-BADB25A0D222}.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WILDTANGENT\APPS\DELL GAME CONSOLE\DOWNLOADS\INSTALLERS\{E0814F95-5380-4892-B8C8-7FA4B349EF46}.EXE

Background Agent Application by Broderbund Software
C:\WINDOWS\BBSTORE\DSS\DSSAGENT.EXE

I haven't gotten any pop ups this time on the internet, yet, but my IE seems to be running more slowly than normal. Do you think the problem's fixed, or am I still infected? Thanks, again for all your help! --Katie

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hi I think there's still a little bit here so. Run MBAM this way now.

Open MBAM and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select FULL scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 KatieL

KatieL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

Thanks so much for helping me! Getting rid of this virus is way over my head. Here's the MBAM full scan log from this evening:
Database version: 1571

12/29/2008 8:30:25 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-29 (20-30-25).txt

Objects scanned: 168304
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 18 minute(s), 30 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 4
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 3

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\prunnet (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpreapp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\Local Settings\Temp\winsinstall.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP460\A0063702.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP460\A0063689.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

It looks like there are still problems. I'm restarting the computer right after I post. What should I do next? --Katie

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hi and you're welcome, let's run SDFix next. I think we willsee improvement.

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

#7 KatieL

KatieL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for bearing with me (and my bleeping computer ;))! Here's the SDFix log:

SDFix: Version 1.240
Run by Administrator on Tue 12/30/2008 at 01:54 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

No Trojan Files Found

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-12-30 14:05:22
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\MediaDirect\\PCMService.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\MediaDirect\\PCMService.exe:*:Enabled:CyberLink PowerCinema Resident Program"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe:*:Enabled:avgamsvr.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe:*:Enabled:avgcc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Photoshop Elements 5.0\\AdobePhotoshopElementsMediaServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Photoshop Elements 5.0\\AdobePhotoshopElementsMediaServer.exe:*:Disabled:Adobe Photoshop Elements Media Server"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe:*:Enabled:Kodak Software Updater"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\PrinterOn Corporation\\PrintWhere 3.0\\pwcPrinterSelect.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\PrinterOn Corporation\\PrintWhere 3.0\\pwcPrinterSelect.exe:*:Enabled:PrintWhere 3.0 Printer Select"
"C:\\Program Files\\PrinterOn Corporation\\PrintWhere 3.0\\pwcPost.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\PrinterOn Corporation\\PrintWhere 3.0\\pwcPost.exe:*:Enabled:PrintWhere 3.0 Server Application"
"C:\\Program Files\\Palm\\HOTSYNC.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Palm\\HOTSYNC.EXE:*:Enabled:HotSyncr Manager Application"
"C:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\Veoh\\VeohClient.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\Veoh\\VeohClient.exe:*:Enabled:Veoh Client"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files :

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Tue 16 Jan 2007 88 A.SHR --- "C:\i386\6B4658CD0C.sys"
Tue 16 Jan 2007 2,828 A.SH. --- "C:\i386\KGyGaAvL.sys"
Wed 1 Sep 2004 54,384 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolphx.exe"
Wed 1 Sep 2004 156,784 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe"
Wed 1 Sep 2004 31,344 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\RBM.exe"
Wed 14 Feb 2007 39,394 ...H. --- "C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Scrapbook MAX!.exe-CommandBars"
Wed 19 Mar 2008 88 ..SHR --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\6B4658CD0C.sys"
Wed 19 Mar 2008 2,672 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys"
Sun 21 Jan 2007 4,348 ..SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\DRMv1.bak"
Sat 17 Nov 2007 0 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\My Documents\~WRL2562.tmp"
Thu 10 Jul 2008 24,064 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL0004.tmp"
Wed 14 May 2008 29,184 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL0529.tmp"
Tue 13 May 2008 28,672 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL1127.tmp"
Tue 14 Aug 2007 24,576 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL1891.tmp"
Sat 11 Oct 2008 41,472 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL3382.tmp"
Sun 27 Jul 2008 20,480 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL3711.tmp"
Tue 23 Oct 2007 26,112 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL3950.tmp"
Wed 30 Jan 2008 25,600 ...H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\~WRL4011.tmp"
Thu 26 Jul 2007 354 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\InterActual\InterActual Player\itiC5D.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\0044c05f784f01d2208480e0d7e7d170\BIT1343.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\1abb4643eccf67e5ec8b2a16ba5befb7\BIT1338.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\28bfc9e6560577a89aed6b0c726eb7e6\BIT133D.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\35666fd9a45d70bda95959f830bf7304\BIT1336.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\446a043b51522fb00ff602de9f01324e\BIT133B.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\588786e399909bbe558853aada5a75c8\BIT1339.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\7441d80dd372110f6b0b5cadefa7392c\BIT1337.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\74a19a19cc31989be4bb0df6ac36d839\BIT133A.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 657,960 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\7994a8d20bf504ced8e426e137f8305e\BIT1334.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\cfea468021d357056afb4f097f6c8777\BIT1335.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\db250b969298d4b9909ab53611417a5a\BIT1342.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ede23652b16ac5041616fd3bd72c6048\BIT133C.tmp"
Fri 3 Aug 2007 11,116 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Katie\My Documents\My Music\License Backup\drmv2key.bak"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\a37ea2d49e8a7659886ac76c226cad7d\download\BIT1340.tmp"
Sun 28 Dec 2008 0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\bc2ad6db5316eb1d3eac8b2fd9b863c6\download\BIT1344.tmp"
Sat 6 Jan 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch1\lock.tmp"
Sat 6 Jan 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch2\lock.tmp"
Sat 6 Jan 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch3\lock.tmp"
Sat 6 Jan 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch4\lock.tmp"
Sat 6 Jan 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch5\lock.tmp"
Sat 6 Jan 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch6\lock.tmp"

Finished!

How does it look now? It seems to be running ok, and I haven't had any pop ups, but I want to make sure it's totally gone. --Katie

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

Great job, you look good...
Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok"
  • Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.

#9 KatieL

KatieL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

All done! Thank you so much! --Katie

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

You're welcome from all of us!! Happy New Year!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users