Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't fix a Registry problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bone Idol

Bone Idol

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hi all.

Season's Greetings to you all!

I've got 6 registry problems that I can't fix. I've tried Registry Mechanic, RegistryFix, RegCure, Spybot Search & Destroy, I've run CHKDSK, ESET Nod32, Winsockfix, SuperantSpyware, Malwarebyte-antiMalware...

Nothing removes these 6 problems.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

Unfortunately malware writers can put things into registry keys that windows cant read properly so it cant delete them. Have you tried deleting them manually with regedit.

MOD EDIT: Before messing around inside the registry it's STRONGLY advised that you backup your registry. Post back if you need instructions for this.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27655
this could also have some relation with your problem

Edited by usasma, 28 December 2008 - 08:06 PM.

#3 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

Thank you Charyb and Mod.

It worked.

From your link...

Posted Image

... and the result is that Reg Mechanic was now able to delete 4 out of 5 of the offending issues..

Thanks again!

Posted Image

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:59 PM

Also, you might want to note that registry cleaners are not necessary. Cleaning your registry will not result in noticeable speed improvements and should only be done if you are receiving errors. You should ALWAYS BACK UP your registry before making any changes to it.

#5 Bone Idol

Bone Idol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:09 AM

Also, you might want to note that registry cleaners are not necessary. Cleaning your registry will not result in noticeable speed improvements and should only be done if you are receiving errors. You should ALWAYS BACK UP your registry before making any changes to it.

Thanks xb - I've taken note of that. :thumbsup:

#6 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:12 AM

No problem. Just spreading the warnings :D Have a good New Years Bone Idol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users