Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You have a security problem!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnnienaked

johnnienaked

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

I am running XP Media Center Edition Version 2002.
Computer is an HP Pavillion Intel with 2.66 GHz Pentium D. 900MB of RAM.

I keep getting this error message pop up that I have a security problem. The first time I clicked on it it opened up my web browser but to an unknown location. I think its one of those malwares that tries to sell you antivirus, but not sure.

I ran Malware Bytes. Here's the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1550
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

28/12/2008 1:47:25 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-28 (13-47-25).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 61854
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 9
Registry Values Infected: 4
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 9

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml71.dll (Trojan.Siggen) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xml.xml (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{500bca15-57a7-4eaf-8143-8c619470b13d} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{500bca15-57a7-4eaf-8143-8c619470b13d} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{500bca15-57a7-4eaf-8143-8c619470b13d} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xml.xml.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{5d2631e5-8696-7543-50b2-f674cd4308eb} (Trojan.Fakealert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\MSFox (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\videoaccessactivex.Chl (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{07aa283a-43d7-4cbe-a064-32a21112d94d} (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MSFox (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Cognac (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform\zangotoolbar 4.8.3 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml71.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\~tmpe.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Setup(2).exe (Adware.Seekmo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\a.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\~tmpb.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\~tmpa.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\~tmpc.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\~tmpd.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Favorites\Online Security Test.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Should I run hijack this too?

Edited by boopme, 28 December 2008 - 04:46 PM.
Moved from XP to AII ~~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi,welcome... Do Not run HJT unlees we ask,thanks.

Open MBAM and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected,Post new log and Reboot
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users