Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AIM Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hisshaw

hisshaw

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

Just a short while ago, when I logged onto the computer, I had received a message from a "friend." It read: "check (link)this out, is this you?" Thinking nothing of it, and foolishly so, I clicked the link. It lead to nowhere. The friend in question was apparently AFK. Later, my AOL Instant Messanger was hijacked and began sending this same message to everyone on my friends list. I have uninstalled AIM for the time being.

Do you know of this virus, and can you help me kill it? I have already posted a HJT! log in the appropriate forum if you wish to know more.

Edited by hisshaw, 17 May 2005 - 04:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:11 PM

This is a very common virus, however I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head right now.

I would highly advise you to go online and download Avast! and as soon as you get it, disconnect your computer from the computer (physically as well). Then Install, Update and run a full scan with Avast!

#3 hisshaw

hisshaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

Thank you very much, yanowhiz. I'll get to that as soon as I can.

In the meantime, running AVG, I have located these four trojans:
wup.exe(2), 3_0_1browserhelper3.dll, UnstSA3.exe.

Is it possible that any of these are the virus in question?

Edited by hisshaw, 17 May 2005 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users