Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NETWORK PASSWORD FOR NET MEETING

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dev04

dev04

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

I recently purchased a second hand notebook (Compaq Armada M700) which was set up for business use by the previous owner. It has Windows 98SE. Every time I switch on the computer a dialog box displays "Enter network password for Net Meeting". I enter the password and the boot continues. I do not use Net Meeting but I use MSN Messenger. How can I stop this dialogue box appearing every time I boot the computer?

dev04

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:54 AM

Hey if you dont even use it then remove it. This should stop that error! But does it load in the task bar on startup? If so you could make it where it doesnt and not have to remove it

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:59 AM

Well see it could be loading in the background when you startup your pc could you look in the taskbar next to your clock and tell me if you see a netmeeting icon anywhere?

#4 dev04

dev04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for replying.

I do not use it and it is not in the Add/Remove list. How do I locate it to remove, so that the password dialog box does not appear?

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

Ok well here ya go. Now just do this :
To remove netmeeting:

1. Create a new folder called "%SystemRoot%\oldinf"

2. Copy "%SystemRoot%\inf\msnetmtg.inf" to the new folder.

3. Run the following command - "%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection NetMtg.Remove 132 msnetmtg.inf" (without the quotes and case sensitive!).

Netmeeting and its shortcuts/start menu entries will be removed from the system. Should it ever be necessary to re-install Netmeeting 3.01, this can be done by right clicking on "%SystemRoot%\oldinf\msnetmtg.inf" and selecting "install".

Can you make sense of all of that? I can help you. If that dont work then do this:
there should be a folder named net meeting in drive c/program files. Look ofr it and just delete it. Thats should remove it totally.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

Yep for some reason it has no easy way to uninstall not even if you download it today online will it have a uninstaller! I just deleted my folder and poof its all gone!

#7 dev04

dev04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:03 AM

Thanks, it is easier for me to delete the folder as per your last paragraph.

However, I would like to understand the other option to remove and reinstall if required.

Item 2. Where do I copy "%SystemRoot"....." from?

Item 3 I do not know how to do this. My computer knowledge is very limited.

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:20 AM

Well the reinstall part i think you would have to redownload it from a website. But let me check.

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:21 AM

And in oreder to do step 3 you must do 1-2. Do you know how to create a folder like that? Do you use XP?

#10 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:43 AM

If you don't use net meeting, uninstall it and download msn messenger. Net meeting is pretty obsolete now or becoming obsolete.

Here is some pretty cut and dry Directions!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...te/nm3rdme.mspx

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:59 PM

I was going to say that maybe but thanks brunt! Yes i love msn messenger! Its better than any other!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users