Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A question about Adobe Photoshop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uselesscrap

uselesscrap

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hi all!
I have a question. When I first got my Dell Inspirion E1505, my mother took it to the school she works at and the IT guy installed Microsoft Office on my computer as well as Adobe Photoshop. I can get Microsoft Office back on my computer once I reformat my computer, but I don't know about Adobe Photoshop. Because I don't have the installation disks or the key, is there any way I will be able to reinstall it myself after the reformat?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

I highly doubt it. After Design Suite (version 7), Photoshop was activated with a site license (or individual) key. Schools purchase site licenses for a great deal of money. Without that, you won't be able to launch the software at all. Unless, of course, you have a cracked version, which you know, is illegal.

That was really nice of the IT guy at your mom's school to install it, because technically, the only way for a school to install site-licensed Adobe products on personal computers is for teachers that actually use the software for instructional reasons. And even then, very few school districts will agree to comply. I teach the Adobe CS2 Suite and have yet to be able to get my district to agree to install it on one of my home computers. I have had to purchase it personally so I can work at home, if I so choose. The district's attitude is usually "stay after school and work on our computers if you need more time make your plans and learn the software completely."

You lucked out. Your mom can (because she is a teacher) get a very discounted copy of the Adobe Suite, though. It's full, it's legal, and it's a fraction of the price.

http://www.campustech.com

http://www.academicsuperstore.com

Those are just two. Both reputable. Both require proof of status as a teacher or student.

Edited by txtchr, 29 December 2008 - 09:14 AM.

#3 uselesscrap

uselesscrap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the information!
I guess I really did get lucky that he installed it on my computer. I'll check out those sites.
Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users