Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash BIOS Upgrade Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 namagodai

namagodai

• Deactivated
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

I need to upgrade my BIOS. I have the files to upgrade my BIOS. I need to create a boot floppy disk, BUT my floppy disk drive doesn't seem to work for some reason. Is there an alternative way I can upgrade my BIOS without booting from my floppy drive? Or do I have to go out and buy a NEW floppy drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:56 AM

some motherboard bios's can be flashed with a usb devices such a memory sticks and such. Check your bios to see if can boot from these devices. If it can make sure the usb device is at the top order of your bootable devices in your BIOS......actually this is a delicate process check out http://www.tyan.com/support/html/how_to_flash.html for more information as i do not want to be responsible for a null and void BOIS.
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users