Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vizada....Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mickirook

mickirook

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

I recently had my laptop looked at by a friend who added some anti spyware stuff. He said it would help my laptop to boot up quicker.
It doesn't seem to have helped at all...I'm still running slow, and takes about 5 minutes to boot up.
Also...since he has "had a look" at it, everytime I go onto internet sites, Where there used to be advertisments, I now get the same message;

"You have tried to access a webpage which is in violation of your internet usage policy"

These can be all ove rthe webpage. All are headed "Webpage blocked" and the word "Vizada"

What is happening here? And how can I get rid of these unsightly messages???

Any help would be greatly recieved!!!!

I hope I have got this message on the right "forum/page"

Thanks... Mick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

What "anti-spyware stuff" did he install?

A quick search brought this up: "Vizada is a leading satellite communications provider" http://www.vizada.com/

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 December 2008 - 11:00 AM.

#3 mickirook

mickirook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

He put AVG 8.0 and ....Malwarebytes antimalware, Ad-aware 2008, and some norton uninstall stuff!!!

Most of the time I'm on a wireless rerouted connection, from a satellite! I'm working on a ship...but do use my mobile modem when in port...and the problem is still there.

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

The "violation of internet use policy" seems like it is sort of a Parental Control/ Software put on your machine by an employer that doesn't want you accessing some irrelevant sites. I don't know if that's what it is, but it sounds kind of like it. We have blockers like that at my school.

#5 mickirook

mickirook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

xblindx, thanks for that...and it would seem you are right!!
Another of my shipmates has just mentioned t happens to him...but only while he's working on this ship. it's owned, managed and crewed by B.P. So looks like they've "blocked" these ads.

Many thanks to yourself and "Queen-Evie" for you time and help! Mick. x

#6 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

No problem. Happy to help. :thumbsup: If you have any more questions, feel free to post back :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users