Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASquared free support withdrawn for platforms Win 98/ME/2000.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:35 AM

Having apparently successfully updated my ASquared free malware program on a Windows 98SE computer I then tried to run a scan ....and failed

My research then led me to find this information which I am posting for the benefit of others who may be as puzzled as I was

http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4223

it appears that

http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4168

a-squared Free 4.0 will no longer run on Win 98/ME/2000.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:01 AM

If you go to http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/

Look at the A2 Anti-Malware box and underneath the download button there is a link posted to A2Free Windows 9X Edition which will do the trick and which will be updated free for another six months until middle 2009. 

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

Have you actually loaded this on to your computer ? I have just tried twice, got a frozen computer, uninstalled it twice ; then could not get back on line so gave the comp a rest; just rebooted and got a BSOD, so had to reboot again and get my Last known Good Confiuration to load; I may give this program a miss :thumbsup:

#4 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:26 AM

Oh dear, I am sorry you are having those problems and now feel a bit guilty for posting the link.

I do have the program running without problem on my second machine, a little older one that the kids use.

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

Oh dear, I am sorry you are having those problems and now feel a bit guilty for posting the link.

I do have the program running without problem on my second machine, a little older one that the kids use.

please do not worry :thumbsup: I posted the original information for the benefit of those who may have found themselves in a similar situation as myself, that, having done a routine 'normal' program update and then rebooted, I found the program to be incompatible with my OS

I have now removed ASquared completely from that machine :flowers:

(Ruby1 Edit for a typo overlooked when originally submitted )

Edited by ruby1, 29 December 2008 - 02:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users