Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aragorn121

aragorn121

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

I'm usually the one helping out all my friends with their computer problems, until my laptop crashed on a trip to the US recently. I needed a computer badly (at least until I get my own back in a month) so I decided to use my father's old laptop. Unfortunately it has the Home Search Assistent on it and for the life of me I can't get rid of the darn thing!!! For the first time in a while, I need other people's help to get my computer to work! :thumbsup:

I came across this site through Google, and I was so impressed by how friendly people on this site seem to be that here I am! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

:thumbsup: to BC!
Hope you can remove the spyware.
If you need any help at all just ask us. :flowers:

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:54 PM

I am sure that our volunteer team of HiJackThis! analysts can help you get rid of HSA, and maybe others that are lurking on your borrowed laptop.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 aragorn121

aragorn121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:19 AM

Thanks a lot for being so friendly! I'm already being helped by Grinler for my HSA problem, and I think we've almost got it licked. It's awesome that you're all donating time to help people like me out. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute too in some way in the future. :thumbsup:

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hi Aragorn and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
We're happy to hear your experiences here have
been very positive and that's just how we like it.
Glad you are getting things licked and we welcome
and encourage your input in the future. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users