Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lisalis851

lisalis851

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

Hi! This is my first time here, so I dont know if you need information from my computer, and if so, please let me know how to get it...

My problem is this...My sound will sometimes stop working. I found that if I double click on UIU32a.exe, it will start working again. Is there a reason I need to keep doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions!

Lisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:12 AM

Hi Lisa, the file you're running is the installer for the Conexant HD sound, so at the moment your sound loss each time is being solved by reinstalling the drivers. But this shouldn't be necessary to keep repeating.

How often does it happen? At this time the first thought I have is next time the sound is lost, look in the Device Manager and post back whether there is any ! symbol on the Sound section indicating a problem there.

However someone else may have run across this symptom before and have a more direct suggestion.

It might also be useful to know the Operating System version you are using (eg Windows XP Service Pack 2) and the brand and model of the computer system, as obtaining the latest version of the driver package may solve the problem.

Edited by Platypus, 28 December 2008 - 06:18 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 lisalis851

lisalis851
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

I lose sound daily. I have windows vista. Can you please let me know how to find the information you want me to post? I am a very basic computer user.
Thanks!
Lisa

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

Brand of computer - HP, Dell, Compaq, etc. It's usually somewhere on the computer, hopefully followed by a set of letters/numbers indicating the model number. If this is a laptop, it would be on stickers on the bottom. If it's a desktop, it would be on the back of the tower
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users