Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE7 Script Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 odeho19

odeho19

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate on a Dell XPS 410 loaded with all the bells and whistles. I have a 5.3 on that goofy rating system of theirs. I've been using IE7 as long as I've had the unit from back in 9/07. It's been working fine for me until this past November. Then all of a sudden, now every time I open my home page, ( I haven't added or taken anything from it), this window pops up telling me I have an "Internet Explorer Script Error". The main line describing the problem is, "Object doesn't support this property or method". The closest I've come to an answer was that it was related to a security patch that Microsoft uploaded to my system, (KB896688), yet when I look for it in my downloads file, it doesn't show up that my system has ever seen, let alone, received it. So, I'm assuming it's not in my system to be creating this issue. And I have done an Advanced Search for it. I have gone to my Internet Options, and have the disabled script debugging, and have UNCHECKED the box for "Display a notification about every script error". This is driving me nuts! If anyone has any ideas as to where else I could look I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

I would suggest a system restore, but since it was so far back, I recommend getting better help. If you can do a restore and not be bothered, then by all means, do it. But I would wait for others to try and help you out. I use Firefox so I don't know as much about IE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users