Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Connecting to Internet with Browsers/Any Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BrianJBustos

BrianJBustos

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hello,

My parents' computer has recently been unable to connect to the internet using both Firefox and IE. Also, it's been unable to access the internet using any other programs such as AIM, Skype, Virus Scans, AntiSpywares, etc.

I've tried Defragging (sp?) the computer along with running an anti-malware scanner, all without any positive results.

The problem arose a couple of days ago when I came home for the Christmas holiday. I am currently using my laptop, an XBox 360, and an iPhone on the wireless network so I thought that maybe if I shut all of them down it would allow my parents' computer to work. That ended up not being the problem.

I've tried all the troubleshooting listed here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...oubleshoot.mspx

and nothing has resulted.

I fear that it might be some sort of virus or Spyware. I thought that I should have posted in the Spyware section, but a friend familiar with computers told me to post in this forum.

Here's some basic information about their computer:

Windows XP Pro
Service Pack 3.0
Brian J Bustos

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:27 PM