Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SpywareBlaster 3.4

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

Javacool software has just released an update for SpywareBlaster.

SpywareBlaster 3.4 Update Page

This version adds improved updating, fixes for large font/DPI versions of Windows, and various other bug fixes, tweaks, and optimizations.

If you have a previous version installed. You must un-install it before proceeding with the d/l of Version 3.4.

For those who are not familiar with SpywareBlaster. Here is some info from Javacool Software.

Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today.
By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.

And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.

This is a fantastic program. That in my opinion, is a must have. :thumbsup:

Edited by scarlett, 17 May 2005 - 12:20 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Exspider

Exspider

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

Have to agree with you there Scarlett, it works if it's running.........Good to have things around that work when they are supposed to. Had to think about that one I guess....

Edited by Exspider, 18 May 2005 - 10:07 PM.

Your friends and the numbers all add up, we're just here to count them.......
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users