Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer moved but not connecting to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Barny Rubble

Barny Rubble

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

Hi All
My Mother in Law has just moved house. The computer was in complete working order when packed and then re-assembled by myself.

The telephone line has been re-connected by a BT engineer and they say she has broadband on the line.

The router a Netgear DG834 comes on with a constant green light and the twin computers in the bottom corner of the screen show Local Area Connection 100Mbps. I have triple checked all of the cables etc.

The problem is I cannot get any form of internet connection. The LAN connection status shows almost no activity. Nothing in nothing out

As before, no settings have been changed, just the location of the computer. She has even gone for the same telephone number.

Any thoughts as to what I have done and how to rectify would be most welcome.

Barny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

I'm assuming OS of Windows XP here since nothing was listed:

Troubleshooting network connection problems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...oubleshoot.mspx