Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix error dll missing on windows logon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 NEWYNE

NEWYNE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hello:
I have a Vundo infection so I tried to use combofix. Everything seem to be correct but I am not able to logon correctly another time to windows XP. Since this machine is from work, I am administrator with network profile password but don't have the password for the computer standing alone (no network) Now, when I try to log on there is a message that says that GINAG42B.dll is missing. I have remove the hard disk and look for it on windows/system32 and is already there. Since I don't have the local password I am not able to log into the computer to uninstall combofix. Don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks and regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hi NEWYNE, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

I will see if I can get a moderator to move this topic to the Am I Infected forum where it will get the kind of attention it warrants.

Edited by Pandy, 27 December 2008 - 01:03 PM.
Moved From Win XP Home and Pro

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

Since this machine is from work, I am administrator with network profile password but don't have the password for the computer standing alone

If this is a work computer, have you contacted and advised your IT Dept? In most work environments, the IT staff have policies and procedures in place to deal with infections on their computers and may not approve of employees seeking help at an online forum.

Further, it is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to defeat existing security measures which includes resetting or bypassing the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for that reason we do not provide this type of assistance.

Thanks for your understanding.

This thread is closed. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users