Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3 look alike for Linux

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

I did a search a while back for a good linux distribution. I came across one that looked exactly like the ps3 interface. I tried to find it again but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Do you mean a distribution for a PC with an interface that looked like the PS3's interface (I've never even heard of one) or a distributution that can run on the PS3 (I know they exist)?

#3 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

It was a distribution for a PC that looks like the PS3 interface. I was looking for something that was different/unique from the Mac and Windows interfaces.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

theres a few different distro using e17 like
http://opengeu.intilinux.com/Home.html

I have an idea of the distro you are speaking of but to my knowledge it is now defunct. It was based off of ubuntu 7.04 and used google widgets in an e16 desktop enviroment I believe. the name escapes me currently.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users