Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

re-open last browsing session on IE8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:26 AM

just installed IE8 the other day, and need some advice. i have CCleaner installed on my pc, and whenever i have finished on the internet, i run CCleaner. but i noticed that IE8, still has my browsing history, if i open a new tab and click on 're-open last browsing session'. why is CC not deleting this info? i know that IE8 has the option to 'delete browsing history on exit', but if i have this box checked, it takes about 20secs to close my browser window. is there a way round this, or is it something i just have to live with, unless i go back to IE7?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

IE8 is still in Beta testing. There have been instances where IE 8 has caused machines to become unbootable. I highly recommend going back to IE 7 until IE 8 has officially been released.

As for the CC problem:
Open CC and make sure all of the boxes are checked under "Internet Explorer". Some of them include Temporary internet files, cookies and history.

Go to options and then advanced and uncheck the box labeled "Only delete temporary files older than 48 hours"

Now run CC again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users