Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore Point Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 basima

basima

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:42 AM

I made a system resore point and then reverted back to one from yesterday.

Then when windows loaded up again. It didn't confirm the restoration.

Now my whole pc is looks completly different and not working properly when it booted up. \

Windows explorer is now in a different font and my settings gone. Desktop background is blue.

Most of the icons in the lower right tray have gone and all my shortcuts on the start menu. And everything is listed alphabetically.

It seems to not have loaded my personal settings or something. I logged into the guest account and it is fine and nothing has changed on there.

My pc is also running slower and more erratic.

I tried to undo the restore point, but the option wasn't there. And the only restore point is the one just made before the problematic one, so doesn't help.

Sorry to be a real hassle, but I can't figure out what happened and would be really grateful if anyone can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:46 AM

System restore has never been known to work properly. Most times when creating a manual system restore point, it does not backup the system state data and this will cause problems with registry, icons, and windows functions. Try to get a copy of ERD Commander, which i believe they have trial versions, and use the system restore that is in that software.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users