Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Aurora Spywarehas taken over my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 knaubers

knaubers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

Could someone tell me how to remove the arurora spy-ware. I have already run AdWare. Spybot and Microsoft Antispyware programs with no luck in defeating this spy-ware. Is there a program that will delete this spy-ware for good or do I need to completely rebuild my system. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:31 AM

Hello knaubers and welcome to Bleeping Computer. You probably need to post a HijackThis Log. Please read up on HjT HERE

Please do not fix anything with HijackThis until an HjT team members replies to you. Post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis

I would like to note that when team members look for logs to fix they look for zero replies.. so please do not try to "bump" or post a reply to your own log post. Help will take longer to get to you if you do.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 spywaredr

spywaredr

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

66,000 answers
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Remov...G=Google+Search

1st thing i reccomend is downloading spybot's sister software,spyware blaster,should be a link to it on spybot

next,BEFORE doing ANYTHING,turn OFF system restore
that's how that stuff returns

next,turn OFF net messenger in services,this is an open port that allows hackers in

NOW do your sweeps

ahhh,don't forgget to turn off UNsafe activex settings in internet options

once clean,reopen system restore and create a fresh erstore point to work from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users