Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display lost color, now new video card doesnt work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greasemonkeyjmj

greasemonkeyjmj

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

i have a emachines w3107 with amd sempron 3100 processor. it has a integrated nvidia geforce 6100 video card. a few weeks ago i lost all of my red color to my display, i only have a bluish green tint. so i bought a sparkle geforce 6600 ,256mb ddr +DV + HDTV +TV out + CRT card and installed it in my pci-e slot. it worked good for about a week, and then it would only put red and black blobs with what looked like tiny x's across the screen. i swapped back to my integrated card and have been using it agin. it still has the weird tint but i can see to use it.i pulled out my new card and looked things over, when i put it back in it gives the message no input signal, check video cable. i know the cable is good, because i am using it when i use the itegrated card. i figure my new card was dead so i sent it back and they sent me a new one. well it gives me the same message about no signal. i found a friend who had the pci express x16 slot and tried my new card in his computer and the card worked fine. does it sound like i have major problems? maybe a motherboard problem ? as i am low on funds, due to the holidays, any help or info would be greatly appreciated..........thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Could be a motherboard problem, or it could be a problem with the monitors cable. Try jiggling it and pressing on the physical cable to see if there is a break in the cable. Also, check your motherboard for any blown/swollen capacitors (the cylinders). If they are swelling (usually because of heat), you might have to replace those or just get a new mobo.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 greasemonkeyjmj

greasemonkeyjmj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

thanks for the reply. i know that the cable is good, because i used it to hook my monitor to my laptop, and everything worked fine.after looking at my capacitors, they all look fine, and i see no burnt spots on the MOBO. it is like my computer doesnt even recognize that i install a card, it doesnt have the pop up come on saying that i have new hardware, or anything like that. i can even go into my devices and it doesnt even show there.any more ideas on this wold be greatly appreciated.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

What is the card model and manufacturer of same...which you are trying to install?

Louis

#5 greasemonkeyjmj

greasemonkeyjmj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

my onboard is a nvidia geforce 6100 and the one i installed is a sparkle geforce 6600 pci-e x 16 256mb

#6 ptts17

ptts17

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hi Guys I was having same prob with mine tried what you suggested and hay bingo! seem's to be ok now touch wood thaught I would be digging deep again! Cheers
:thumbup2:
J.F.PITTS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users