Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File lb430NKO - will not delete

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ATD

ATD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

I have two files in my system 32 folder lb430NKO.exe and lb430NKO.exe.a_a

they aren't appearing on google searches so i don't know much about them, but they seem to be messing with my internet and other prgrams, exiting out of them every few minutes.

I used HijackThis to delete on reboot, and it seems to do it but then the next time I start my computer they are back.

I've run Ad Aware, Avast, Spybot and Malwarebytes and it still wont fix it.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 December 2008 - 08:24 PM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,515 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

Not sure what malware you have. Might be something entirely new.

Use Super Antispyware to find and remove the malware. Be sure to UPDATE SAS after installing in regular mode. Then boot into safe mode to run the scan and allow it to remove whatever it finds. Post the log back here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1040160

Run an online scan using Kaspersky Online Scanner. Instructions in link below. Post the log back here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1045589
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

Anytime you come across a suspicious file for which you cannot find any information about, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
-- Post back with the results of the file analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users