Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Registry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kitten20486

kitten20486

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

I have been researching and surfing the web all day regarding cleaning my registry to help improve the speed and performance on my computer. All I can say is that I am totally tired and overwhelmed!!! Should I or shouldn't I -- That is the question...LOL..

Why do I want to do this?? Because I have had this puter since 2002 and its a bit slow. Also I have uninstalled some things that were not uninstalled all the way. The same with some programs. I would just like my puter to be cleaned on the inside like it was when I bought it on day one. I just don't know how to go about doing that myself.
Also, Ive thought about maybe bringing to a place like Circuit City or Best Buy and have them clean out my puter so I dont mess it up...

And yes I have done Disc Cleanup thing and the Defragging thingy and the Anti Spy/Adware thingy...lol...
Im not an expert on alot of computer things but I do know the basics of cleaning up and freeing up space on my harddrives.

Hmm what else. Im running Windows XP...Ram 512...its a HP Pavilion 512x...I dont know what else to add, except I really could use some EXPERT ADVICE.....LOL...PLEASE...LOL...and with that I will close...

PS -- This is my very first topic/question :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

The BC Staff does not promote the use of registry cleaners.
There are too many things that can go wrong. Please read this

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=61015

512MB of RAM is rather on the low end
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users