Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dsounG

dsounG

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

Okay, so here's the problem. A couple weeks ago I got the new iPod Nano which required me to have Windows XP SP2 and at that time I only had SP1(which was working fine btw), so I updated my computer, installed iTunes blah blah blah. Okay, so now that I have that done, I open up my task manager and I see that I have a virus which I removed before the update was done...I removed it once again, then I open up my Firefox and try to browse around but it becomes VERY slow. When I say slow I mean just hanging for about 30 seconds then going back to normal...then hanging once again. So I'm like wtf? I try to Google for some help but I don't know exactly what the problem is, so I try using IE Explorer. It worked fine for about a day then after awhile...same problem.

I recently download Google Chrome and tried to see if it would work fine for me, but turns out that becomes pretty slow for me also. I don't know if it has to do with Flash, Java or anything because this site works fine for me on Firefox. I would do a system restore back to the checkpoint where I updated my computer but that would result in me losing all my songs for my iTunes. It's getting pretty damn annoying.

For my anti-virus protectors, I use BitDefender and Spyware Doctor. I also use MalwareBytes for a scanner also.

Anyone have a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

If you removed a virus and then had to remove it again it sounds like it might not be gone this time either.

Purely because you mentioned that I would direct you to the Am I Infected forum and have an expert help you search and destroy.

Go here
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

I agree with m0le, make a topic in the Am I Infected thread, but you made a mistake dsounG

I would do a system restore back to the checkpoint where I updated my computer but that would result in me losing all my songs for my iTunes.

Whenever you plug your iPod back into your computer (after you have cleaned it of course) and as long as you have iTunes installed, it will give you the option of either replacing all songs on the iPod with the songs in the library (which will be empty), or you can replace all songs in the library with songs on the iPod, which would be the choice you would need to choose. That would work, only of course, if you have already put your music on your iPod before doing the restore. But DO NOT do a system restore yet. Post in the Am I Infected forum and get help there.

Edited by xblindx, 27 December 2008 - 10:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users