Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS change and now sound doesnt work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 msglobe81

msglobe81

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

So I built a computer a while back and was using a downloaded version of vista which was causing me alot of problems so i downloaded yet another version which was a 32 bit modded version. After installing this version my sound quit working. So by this point I was tired of messing with it so i went to the store and bought a legitimate copy of Vista. It is Vista home premium 64bit. I installed this as well as a second video card and 2gb of ram as well. After all of this the sound still does not work. I know the speakers are ok because I plugged them into my laptop and they worked fine. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them several times but still not getting any sound. The specs on the computer are as follows

evga nforce 780i sli - motherboard
nvidia geforce 9800 gtx (x2 bridged together) - video card
intel core2 quad 2.66ghz - processor
6gb ram
500gb hard drive

If anyone has any ideas on how to get this problem fixed I would appreciate it a whole lot. This is drivin me crazy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

Have you check the speaker settings in Windows Vista? Theve changed on me once in a while but its pretty east to change them back.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 msglobe81

msglobe81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

I dont know how to check that. I am pretty new to vista. I have another question too. I just downloaded a different audio driver for 64bit vista. when I try to run it it says "you must administrator privileges to run this program" How do i get admin privileges in vista? There is only one user account on the PC.... Confused??? :huh:

#4 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

:huh:

Hiya,

You need to go to the application file its self and right click on it. On the context menu that opens there you will see ,amongest other items. "Run as Administrator " click on there..

Regards,

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users