Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox and Java

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Revolver

Revolver

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

Yo-ho Mates...I created a website nine years ago that worked on every browser out there, now, with all the new updates, upgrades, this and that version as well as from Windows 98 to XP all of a sudden most of my JavaScripts no longer function. I keep getting messages to download this or that extension even though I have all the Java in Firefox 2.0 enabled my stuff will not work on this browser. I can switch to IE or Opera and they work fine...but that's not what I want. I want to know why, and how to fix it, on Firefox. I tried to follow their notice to download the required Java plug ins but I keep getting a system error. Now, here's what's going to blow most of you away...I am doing all of this on HP XE743 using the same ol' OS for the past nine years - ME, and no, I haven't had any problems with this OS until recently. My system is maxed out and if it was any cleaner I would have to put an ear-ring along side of its bald head. Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade this computer to Firefox 3.0 nor can I upgrade to any version of XP...I tried that one and it drastically slowed my entire system down...if anything worked at all...had to throw it out and go back to ME. So, do any of you Mates have any fixes for this problem? Please let me know.

I also now have a vrt and a Regenv.32 problem on my computer thanks to the XP installation...which I am unable to resolve. That's another issue I will come back with on another post...this was just to give a heads up for anyone who is experiencing the same.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

{Mod Edit: Moved from Web Browsing to Web Site Development ~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 29 December 2008 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users