Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had malware, now no sound in flash.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malix

malix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

I had some kind of bug on my PC lately... Last week i started getting messages saying my pc was infected with malware and then it would automatically take me to the website of some software they were trying to sell to fix the problem. :thumbsup:

So i went through the usual routine of hijackthis, spybot search & destroy, etc. and i seem to have succeeded in removing all the junk, but im still left with a slight problem now.

I ocassionaly will have explorer need to close itself and reopen, and i have no sound in youtube, myspace, etc. or anything else that uses Flash.
I googled and found that some people seemed to be having the same problem but i have yet to find a solution. I have tried reinstalling flash, using other browsers, made sure the WaveMapper registry entries were ok, and now i have run out of ideas. Everything left in the hijack this log is stuff that should be there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my sound is working fine in everything else.

Edited by malix, 26 December 2008 - 01:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 speengie

speengie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

My daughter recently had this problem after she got a virus. Unfortunately, I cannot retrace her steps as she tried to remove the virus herself (She ha a propensity for saying "yes" without reading). when she finally called me she had sound in all applications except sites using Flash, like youtube. After trying everything that you've already mentioned, I finally figured out that all permissions to the registry key, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows_NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32 were disabled. After re-enabling the permissions to this key, I uninstalled and re-installed the audio drivers and Adobe Flash 10. This fixed the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users