Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware help (Browser Hijacking)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 tnam4

tnam4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hello farbar

My laptop has recently been infected with a malware. It hijacks my browsers (IE and FF), and redirects me to other sites like hobbyforyou.net etc. Often times I keep getting connection related errors when my browser screen does not refresh.

As I searched through the web for a fix, I noticed that you have very recently helped another user with the same problem. See link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...hp/t187211.html

I realize that I cannot replicate the steps exactly like shown in the post above, as his machine contents may be different than mine. I would appreciate if you could assist me in getting rid of this problem since I have never dealt with the registry keys.

I am attending some classes online, and this problem keeps on coming in my way of accessing the school's web site by breaking my browser connection.

A little bit of a history of the problem:

I am a careful user and stay away from all suspicious downloadable contents. Some days ago I did download a key for an application that stopped working. Once exected the file, this whole thing started. Initially I had no access to regedit, but after using Malwarebytes AM, I can at least open the registry listing. I have also used Spybot S&D which cannot get rid of something called "Premium Search" malware. I am not sure what and how to remove the infected keys from the HijackThis scans.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hi tnam4,

I would like to assist you but there are many users waiting for days. The best thing you can do is to go through the Preparation Guide and initiate a topic with the requested logs.

Regards,
farbar

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

Also please let me know you have read this in order to close this topic. Thanks.

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

The topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users