Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing PCfobe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pcfobe

pcfobe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

Hello.
After several weeks of browsing BleepingComputer site, I figured it was about time to introduce myself.

I am a computer programmer in a small IT department consisting of 6 people, including myself. Three of the 6 people know more about computers than seems humanly possible. Most of the time when I listen to their conversations, my head swirls. I need to educate myself on the topics they discuss so I can at least figure out that they're not talking about me.

I happened to find BleepingComputer about a month ago when I realized my computer had a virus. I figured my two options were to pay someone to fix my computer or fix it myself. Since I was in the process of shelling out $3,400 to replace my burner (a totally unexpected expense), making my choice was easy...I had to figure out how to fix my computer myself. I couldn't stand to dole out any more money at the moment. Having made that decision, I embarked on my search for a site to help me eradicate the 2009 anti-virus trojan that was infecting my computer. I am happy to report that after following the guide to removing malware, my computer if virus-free...for the moment.

Happy 2009!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for saying Hello, and Welcome to BC!
Our Members are always very happy to know that someone has been helped by something they found here. Be sure to keep BC bookmarked so you can find us in case you have any further problems.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users