Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Online Backup storage choice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:22 AM

Hi all,

Recently I thought that I'd better start backing up my data, because we never know when disaster may strike. In addition to backing up stuff to my external HD, I decided to also upload important documents onto a free online storage server. After doing some research (features I was primarily looking at included storage space, the ability to do uploading automatically (ie. sync as files change), as well as no bandwidth restrictions),
I narrowed down the list to either a-drive (http://www.adrive.com ) or Mozy (http://mozy.com/)

A-Drive has a much bigger space (50GB), however as it is a new service & the 50gb space is so much, I'm worried that it will go bankrupt / shutdown after a while.

Mozy seems more reliable (for both service & the software it comes with), however the space is much smaller, only 2GB.

What is your opinion(s)? Many Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 File_Knight

File_Knight

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

Well, there's mediafire, mozy, and 4shared. But then again, mediafire does delete things that have high traffic due to warez overload so be careful not to bloat the main folder and instead create subfolders and don't share them if you're going to use it for backup storage. :thumbsup:

#3 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

What about Adrive? The big space is tempting, but it doesn't seem as reliable as mozy.

If you were the choose between Adrive or Mozy only which one would you pick? (For [weekly] backups such as photos, etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users