Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows automatically logout

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coffeprince

coffeprince

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:04 AM

my other computer cannot login to desktop. Whenever i type my password and login, it will "pretend" to login as usual but will logout to the welcome page again. This occurs the same for guest account.

what's wrong with my computer and how can i fix it??

thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

This seems to be virus related. I have experienced the same problem on a clients computer. When the computer is starting up, after the bios screen before the windows loading screen, start hitting the F8 key. Get into safemode with networking and go to www.superantispyware.com. Download the software and install it, run a full scan after the automatic updating and see if this helps. If not, get into safe mode and click START>Run and type MSCONFIG. Under the startup tab, uncheck all items and then click on services tab. Place a checkmark in the "Hide all microsoft services" box and DISABLE ALL. Then hit ok and restart, see if that gets you into windows. We will diagnose from there.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 coffeprince

coffeprince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

i've tried using safe mode networking but i still cant get into my desktop. it will log me off as usual.
i cant do anything with the computer cuz it will come back to the welcome window right away. everytime i get to see my desktop wallpaper for 2 secs and it will logoff.

but anyways, thanks a lot for your help.

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

Best thing to do is reformat it. If you need to backup your stuff, attach your hard drive as a secondary on another pc and get all your files. Then replace it in your PC and reformat it with your OS of choice.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 strawhat_luffy

strawhat_luffy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:14 AM

hey don't try to reformat your hard drive... just repair it using your OS installer :thumbsup:

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Before we try wiping or repairing, let's get an opinion from the malware experts.
Hang on while I move this over to the Am I Infected forum.
If you don't receive a solution there, PM a moderator and we'll move this back to the XP forum.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users