Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I may have a Spyware :(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 klib_rt

klib_rt

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

Well, today, someone found out my password for facebook/gmail/gotfrag somehow... I've been looking through my history, and I haven't downloaded anything or visited any weird sites. I was able to get all my information back through recovery, but I am scared that I may lose it again. I downloaded Spybot - Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I did a full system scan with Malwarebytes' and Avira AntiVir Personal. Avira found nothing as usual... and Malwarebytes' found, I think 8, infected objects... I deleted all of them. Lastly, I scanned with Spybot, and I got a couple of things, but it was fixed. 2 things couldn't be removed, and it said to do the restart thing. I did it and one of the two things was deleted. The other one was something with AskTBar or some sort. I just went to my files and deleted the folder.

I think I may be clean, but I'm kind of freaked out... how did this happen? So right now, I'm scanning with the panda security thing (ActiveScan 2.0) online scanner, Avira (again), Spybot (again), and Malwarebytes' (again). Oh, and I changed my passwords twice so far. I went to a password generator and made lots of passwords and changed my passwords for my emails and forums I go on to.

Can someone help me? I want to make sure this person never finds out my passwords and look through my personal information and/or steal my game (steam) account... :thumbsup:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I deleted all my cookies using Firefox (Tools > Clear Private Date > Cookies) AND I went to my cookies folder in my documents and deleted them all .... and just wondering if this has to do with anything but, I was watching GoronCity youtube clips on 8/24... they're like hackers lol... but it was on youtube... so I don't think they could give me a spyware or something by watching a youtube clip.

Edited by klib_rt, 26 December 2008 - 09:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 klib_rt

klib_rt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:23 PM

BUMP :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users