Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't log into account, am I infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Viviana

Viviana

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

I wanted to know if this problem is malware concerned...

I have Windows XP Media with two user accounts.
One of them logs in when the first try, but the other doesn't (It just loads for some seconds with maybe a black screen and then goes back to welcome screen and never logs in)

Another odd thing is if I try to log into the messed up account, get taken back to welcome screen, and then log into the working one, it won't work* and I have to restart my computer.

* A window shows this message:
"Log on Connect Failed
Error connecting to existing session for Vivi(Id 0)
The system cannot find the file specified.
A new session will be created."

But at that point, neither account will log in. "Vivi" is the user account which can work when the messed up account isn't trifiled with in the first place.

Is this a malware problem? The computer is also slower than usual, and I found that the shutdown and restart options don't work and I need to turn the computer on/off manually.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Viviana, 26 December 2008 - 03:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users