Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Allow me to introduce m'self...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ganton

Ganton

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Hi, Ganton here. I'm a newbie to this website and glad to be able to join it. I'm not a Guru or even a semi-Guru, just a user who's trying to get the most out of and enjoy his computer. Probably the biggest reason I'm here is because I H-A-T-E spyware and malware, espec. the latter, and espec. the kind that pops up constantly and ruins your PC's functioning. My PC's been infected a couple 3 times with malicious malware and I took it into the shop twice to have it wiped clean. The last couple of times, I was able to get it clean myself with online free anti-spy and malware software, believe it or not, but still can't be 100% sure that it is rid of any hidden malicious bugs lurking in the background. Anyway, that's why I'm here: to learn and to get good help when I need it! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

Hello there Ganton welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here. :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:36 AM

It seems to be the usual experience, that getting malware is always easier than removing it from your hard drive. Obviously, the best solution is to prevent it by learning about its methods and to employ a layered software protection. But when this fails, having a place to go to for help is always useful.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users