Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista recovery boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dan770

dan770

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:53 PM

I just made a complete backup for Vista Ultimate on a Lenovo T61. However, I am concerned
about what happens if I have a hard drive crash. I do not have a vista DVD, since Vista came installed on the laptop,
and I cannot find a way to make a bootable Vista DVD. So, if my hard drive crashes
and I lose the recovery boot partition, how do I boot into Vista to be able to restore my complete backup?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

If you do not have a recovery partition (which is only if you delete the partition), you will have no choice but to use a recovery disk. This can be provided by your manufacturer for a nominal fee.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:39 AM

hi,,,, these days ,,, when you first turn on the pc you should have been offerd the 1 time oppertunity to make youe own recovery discs,,, this is how its done now,,,, the problem is that 9 times out of 10 they dont work,,, so as stated you can send off for them (which i would) or if you can get access to a origanal vista disc,,, any version as all versions ore on the disc and the product key detremines which version is installed,,, then use this disc and your product key on the side of your pc to reinstall the os,,, i have done this on friends pc's a couple of times now and all was ok,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users