Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer I Just Built

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 InfoJunkie

InfoJunkie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

MOTHERBOARD - Intel BOXDP35DPM LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
POWER SUPPLY - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V
PROCESSOR - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
CASE - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower
HARD DRIVE - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
VIDEO CARD - ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5
DVD/CD drive - LITE-ON Black 22X SATA 22X DVD Burner with LightScribe
KEYBOARD - Logitech S520 Keyboard and Mouse
SPEAKERS - Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System
Memory (RAM) - 2(8GB) Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
OPERATING SYSTEM - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit
DVI-I Monitor and another hard drive (200GB) from the other computer was also used.

It's my first build, so needless to say I was a little nervous when I first kick started it. Waited for smoke and none came out. Tweaked and flashed the newest upgrade to the BIOS and installed the OS.

Running 5 days now. So far all systems are in the green. (WHEW!!!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skiplc

skiplc

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

You made some good hardware choices. That puppy should last you quite some time.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

Congratulations!

I remember when I first put my computer together, every day I went to turn it on, I got so nervous that it wouldn't. 14 months later, it's turned on every time (knock on wood) :thumbsup: .

Wow, I bet that thing is awesome while gaming! Have fun!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 rockville

rockville

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

And approximately how much did the parts cost you?

#5 InfoJunkie

InfoJunkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:07 PM

And approximately how much did the parts cost you?

It depends on whether I'm discussing it with my wife or telling the truth. :thumbsup: I haven't figured up the total cost yet, but somewhere around $1100.00.

Bought everything from Newegg with lots of reading and studying and scratching out and starting over. Started out with a Quad Core but decided to go with the Core 2 duo and spend more on the video card. At this poing Vista is giving me a 5.9 rating on everything except the processor which is 5.7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users