Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do you have uninstall Firefox to upgrade to latest version?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

I didn't uninstall Firefox 2.0 and just downloaded and installed Firefox 3.0 but there seems to be no difference in performance or looks. I still can't access Yahoo because it still says I need to upgrade to Firefox 3.0 and Flash applications aren't working on Firefox but they do on IE.

Am I suppose to uninstall Firefox 2.0 first? But wouldn't that make me lose all of my bookmarks?

I am trying to sync my bookmarks using Foxmarks but it's taking over a hour in trying to sync but no success. =/
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

hi,,, all versions should install over the top,,,, the best bet is to totally uninstall f/f and download the latest version and redownload all your add ons,, etc,,
good luck and happy chtistmas.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

Bookmarks and personal preferences are stored in a separate folder, so uninstalling any version of Firefox will leave these intact. Normally, new versions of the same release of Ff can be installed over prior ones, but in the case of moving from the 2.0 series to the 3.0 series, it would have been best to uninstall the older version.
I would suggest using the add/remove programs function to remove whatever version you are now using, then downloading and installing the latest from the Ff site.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

Thanks, if the booksmarks are saved in another folder and will stay intact after uninstalling then I will just uninstall and reinstall.
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

#5 llleewan

llleewan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users