Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll32.exe and avwsc.exe Application Errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Allende

Allende

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

When I run a game called Maplestory these errors show up. Even when I press OK they continue to show up and it is impossible to play the game. Two show up and this is what they say:

Rundll32.exe - Application Error
The instruction "0x00ad2d7e" referenced memory at "0x00af4094". The memory could not be "Read". Click OK to terminate the program.

avwsc.exe - Application Error
The instruction "0x009b2d7e" referenced memory at "0x009d4054". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate program.

This error comes up everytime I try to run the game. It did not show up prior to the game and doesn't show up unless I try to run it. I have re-downloaded the game and repaired it and still no luck. I used to play the game and never got the error but stopped playing for over a year and now when I tried to do a clean installation this happens. Hmm, also, MapleStory runs nProtect Game Guard when it starts up I actually think now that it's Game Guard that is causing the problems because even when I close Maple I still get the errors until Game Guard is fully closed.

System information:
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

I do have an anti-virus that updates daily (Avira) and run Spybot Search and Destroy often.

Edited by Allende, 25 December 2008 - 07:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allende

Allende
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

Okay so I have tried to use the OS Disk to repair but nothing happened. I also tried to delete my Rundll32.Exe so windows can replace it and nothing. Also I downloaded the newest update for my graphics driver. (NVIDIA.)

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

avwsc.exe - Avira anti-virus
Do you have this or just recently install it?
I would download memtest and run it to test your memory
http://www.memtest.org/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Allende

Allende
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

I've had Avira for a while. I know last year when I played the game I had AVG and had no problems so I'm not sure if Avira is the problem...

For the memtest do I burn it on a CD and boot from it?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

You'll have to use a program that can burn an ISO file to a disk (not just copy). If you don't have a program for this, this free powertoy will let you do it: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users