Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp pro reformatted hd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 harabas0516

harabas0516

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

was in contact with microsoft (india tech site) to help me out with my laptop (actually this laptop is from a friend and trying to fix it) about tons of toxic virus such as trojans and so forth. tried going in the system via recycle bin and tried to install the anti virus, but was overwhelmed by these pesky virus. turns out to be the owner had an expired or no virus protection at all. in other words, we reformatted the drive and still i ended up with nothing at all. can anyone show me how to recover the xp pro os to get the system going or none at all? thanks if there is someone who could show their opinion on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

Do you have the installation CD for the OS?

Would you please post the make and model of the laptop?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 harabas0516

harabas0516
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

thanks a lot for your reply much appreciated. the laptop is an acer extenza 4620z. no i must lost the cd for os and i will suppose blamed to the microsoft tech support in india for getting into this situation w/o any os at all.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

I agree 100%...it's that tech's fault that you lost the install CD, which is a key part of any Windows install when things go wrong. And it's probably that tech's fault that things went wrong...no, that just happens in life, IMO.

Louis

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

Contact your local Acer Tech Support and request a copy of the restore CD's for the system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users