Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Security malware not completely removed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chaz303

chaz303

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hello,

This is my first post and I am just an average computer user

I got infected with s malware program called System Security recently.

I have downloaded and run the MalwareBytes anti-spyware program and it did not remove System Security.

Following some other advice on this forum, I used Task Manager while the fake System Security scan was running and identified an exe file for the program

I searched my files and found the program files and the folder they were stored in. Deleting the folder and files eliminated the program, but it returns if the computer is restarted.

I know just enough about the Registry on the computer not to mess with it. But I have found one line in the Registry that contains the same .exe file name.

What is the next step to prevent the program from returning? Would it do any good to delete this line from the Registry?

Thanks.

Chaz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users