Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to print Cd/DVD image from Scanner with HP C5380 Printer software

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mullet2

Mullet2

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:10 AM

I have just bought a HP C5380 All-in-One Printer and can't work out how to import an image into the Cd/ DVD Label Print from the scanner and then print the image on a disc. I hope someone can help me out with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

Usually HP comes with software to do this (HP allinone center). This will allow you to create these images with the discs, paper in the tray.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Mullet2

Mullet2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:55 AM

I can't seem to find any option in the installed software (except import from photo gallery). I am hoping to scan something ( via twain) and import it into the label and then print it directly onto a disc The templates the software has seem quite restrictive. I have Roxio Creator 10 but that doesn't seem to work either. I am using Vista Business on a Toshiba A200.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Are you using Light scribe or Using DVD disc labels? Usually you just insert the image into the labeling program and print it out. That's how Nero works (with the labels, never used light scribe).

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Mullet2

Mullet2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

I am using DVD printing, preferably direct to printable discs. (haven't got Light scribe). I can't find any option in the HP software to import image from scanner and on to the disk. It seems to only ask for import from My Pictures. When I tried to use Roxio 10 Label print to disc, it changed to print on paper from the paper tray instead of the direct print option. On my last printer a Canon Pixma ip5200 it gave the option to import through Twain and was very simple..... I expected the HP Software to be similar. It does state in the software instructions that ONLY the HP software can be used to print direct to disc, but it seems very limited and you would think that if it was so single minded they would have made a far better software and at least support importing scanned images especially since it is an All In One (including scanner).

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Cant you scan the image, save it then import it?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 Mullet2

Mullet2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

I will try doing the import that way.

#8 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

I think "Surething CD Labeler" has a trial available. I don't usually plug programs, but it does work well. Just in case you are still having problems.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#9 Jonaw

Jonaw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

I will try doing the import that way.

Sorry, I can't answer your problem; rather I am am having similar difficulties with the HP c5380 all-in-one printer.

I want to print onto CD/DVD surface, using the HP c5380, OTHER THAN by using the included HP Photosmart Essential (v4) simplistic software and the limited templates provided, which, though it works ok as far as it goes, is very limiting as to where you can print pics and text, and even when you have done a label of sorts, it doesn't let you save it to use again later. As far as I can see. Weird.

So just wondering if you - or anyone else? - have got anywhere since your posts which were way back in Decemeber 08?

I have just aquired a c5380 as an end-of-line "clearance bargain" (but not so sure about that now).

Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users