Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAID0 showing stripe failed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cobra98

Cobra98

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

Hey all, need a little help with a raid0 setup on my home computer. My boot drive consists of 2 36gig Raptors in a raid0 setup. I was going through some old drives that I had laying around to see what is all on them so I shut her down and unplugged other drives except the 2 raptors so I could get back into XP to see whats on the old drives. After booting back up, screen goes to the Intel Raid screen and the Raptor Raid0(Stripe) is showing Failed and Bootable is showing no. Both disks are showing in the drive section below that but one of the drives is showing being a Member Disk(0) and the other is showing Non-RAID Disk. Never had this happen before.....

My only options in the raid menu is create raid, delete raid, reset disks to non-raid, the last 2 saying all data will be lost if I do them and of course i don't want to lose the data thats on them

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

Well...it seems that you have encountered the weakness of running a RAID 0 setup, one with no backup option.

If your RAID software has no provision for repair...I don't know what to tell you.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users