Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow, Task bar disappears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 PlatinumX

PlatinumX

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

Hello, my problem is my computer is slow and the task bar disappears i have ran AVG and found things and i have also ran Spybot: Search & Destroy I have found infections and i have deleted them but i am still having this problem.
Edit: I have scan over and over again and i have a Vitrumonde infection, after the scan i deleted them but when i do another scan they are still there.

Thanks for any help given.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:54:34 PM, on 12/24/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18241)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingB5853] command /c del "c:\resycled\boot.com"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingD3662] cmd /c del "c:\resycled\boot.com"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} - http://www.eset.eu/OnlineScanner.cab
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
O23 - Service: VideoAcceleratorService - Speedbit Ltd. - C:\PROGRA~1\SpeedBit Video Accelerator\VideoAcceleratorService.exe

--
End of file - 3306 bytes

Edited by PlatinumX, 25 December 2008 - 11:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hello PlatinumX,

I apologise for the delay, the forum is extremely busy.

I will be assisting you with your malware issues.
  • Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.
  • If you fail to reply in 5 days period from now, this thread will close, and you will have to open another topic, and wait for another helper.
----------------------------------------------
If you still need help post a new HijackThis following my instructions below.

Please run HijackThis in Normal mode, and avoid using Safe mode with Network support, as your Anti-Virus and Firewall are not working there and you are completely unprotected.
----------------------------------------------
RENAME HIJACKTHIS

There is some infection hiding in your log.

Using Windows Explore by right-clicking the Start button and left clicking Explore navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

Right-click on HijackThis.exe & select Rename to scanner.exe and post back a new Hijackthis log.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

#3 chryssi2001

chryssi2001

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:57 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed and will not be reopened.
If you still need help, begin a new topic.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.
Posted Image
Private Messages for personal support will be ignored. If you need help post in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users