Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

upgrade of Flash player not detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OmaLinda

OmaLinda

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

I am not able to view photos or videos (YouTube) online as of yesterday. This problem started after using advice gleaned from a sister forum to fix a problem with hijacked search function in Google, but it may be just coincidental. Every time I try to view a photo or video, I get this message: "An old version of the Flash plugin was detected. Please upgrade your Flash plugin." I then click on the link provided, which takes me to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ where I download the upgrade to my desktop. When I click on the red icon (I now have 4 of them) "install_flash_player.exe", it appears to be installing, with the green striped bar going from left to right, and in a few seconds it says, "Completed," although the green striped bar never disappears.

Should I uninstall and try reinstalling? I looked in my Control Panel under Add or Remove Programs, and the first thing listed is "Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin."

Thanks for any help you can give.

OmaLinda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

You have to use the Flash uninstaller first and then install the new version.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

#3 OmaLinda

OmaLinda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

That worked! Thanks so much for the help.

OmaLinda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users