Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My HijackThis log: I need some help.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Captainflapjacks

Captainflapjacks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

I've been using my computer for about 5 years now, with few problems. I like to take care of my computer, so I run Spybot and Adaware frequently. Recently though, I've noticed my computer slow down to a crawl doing just about anything.

I've had trouble like this before, but I ended up reformatting my drive. I had heard about HijackThis from some friends, but once I looked at it, I knew I would need help.

I hope you can find a problem in here, because I'd hate to have to reformat my drive again.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:37:17 PM, on 5/16/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\cox\applications\app\CurtainsSysSvcNt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUserInit.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AuthBHO.cBHO - {A4D90779-6CB2-4752-83C2-A2AB4D9A672D} - C:\Program Files\Cox\Applications\app\AuthBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Cox Popup Blocker - {64634180-B0EA-48B6-82B7-9620D33362C1} - C:\Program Files\Cox\Applications\app\AuthBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\valve\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - Startup: Xfire.lnk = C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: Curtains for Windows System Service (CurtainsSysSvc) - Authentium, Inc. - c:\program files\cox\applications\app\CurtainsSysSvcNt.exe
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

In the following instructions make sure you only COPY, not delete, move or cut. I need to get samples of some of your files. Please create a folder called c:\submit. Now copy the following files into that directory:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUserInit.exe

To copy the files simply navigate to the directory they are in and right click on the file name, and then click on copy option. Now go back to the c:\submit folder and right click in the folder and select the paste option.

Once the files are all copied zip the folder and rename submit.zip to yourmembername.zip (for example grinler.zip). If you are using XP or ME right-click on the folder and click on the Send To option and then send it to a Compressed folder. You will now see a file called yourmembername.zip. If you are using another version of Windows, please download a program called Winzip and zip it using that.

When the files are zipped, go to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php
and fill in the required fields and browsing to the file you are submitting Finally click on the Send File button.

#3 Captainflapjacks

Captainflapjacks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

Alright, I sent the file to you, I hope that I did it right, I've only unzipped before.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

I do not see anything wrong here. Is itpossible the problems started when you install microsoft antispyware?

#5 Captainflapjacks

Captainflapjacks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

I'm not sure when the problems started exactly, but I know I am running a lot slower lately. I'm starting to think I should backup my files and reformat anyway. Thank you for your time, though.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:44 PM

I would go into msconfig and disable microsoft antispyware first and see if that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users