Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freedom Hidden Window

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bestdancer46

bestdancer46

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:30 AM

I have been having intermittent but increasingly regular problems with my computer freezing up, settings changing, losing my internet connection, etc. Recently I tried to restart but was warned that a program was still running and the computer was unable to restart. The program was called Freedom Hidden Window. I searched this name on line and found others having this same problem. I am using Telus Security. I also run Ad Aware and Windows Defender regularly. One suggestion was to run Ewido, which I did. I also searched under this name on my computer. Nothing shows any mention of a program of this name. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I am presently operating with Vista, much to my dismay.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 December 2008 - 06:22 PM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

http://www.file.net/process/freedom.exe.html

google is telling me these are related

sometimes too much protection can be almost as bad as too little
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 bestdancer46

bestdancer46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

Unfortunately, the comments from DaChew were not very helpful. The links only referred me to sites selling other types of screening programs, which are suspect when I research them.

I am not sure what it means that my entry was edited and moved. Can someone please explain what that means exactly. I am new to this. Any help is appreciated.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

I am sorry if my link confused you, it was one of many when I googled your problem which indicated that Freedom Hidden Window was freedom security by telus

I can't fix a poorly designed antimalware suite

Your computer may be so bogged down with vista and other programs it's causing the problems not malware

http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/runningslowly.php

Here's an excellent link on this

Your post was moved since you put it in the wrong forum
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users