Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adaware Log

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 missfilippa

missfilippa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:32 PM

please analyze my adaware log: missfilippa
*** Installation Started 05/16/2005 14:12 ***
Title: Ad-Aware SE Personal
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Seraph Knapp\My Documents\aawsepersonal.exe
Display Text: Uninstall complete.
Made Dir: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
Made Dir: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\UNWISE.EXE
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Personal
RegDB Val: Ad-Aware SE Personal
RegDB Name: DisplayName
RegDB Root: 2
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Personal
RegDB Val: C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\INSTALL.LOG
RegDB Name: UninstallString
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\license.txt
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\alert.wav
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\defs.ref
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\manual.chm
Made Dir: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Lang
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Lang\default.awl
Made Dir: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask
Made Dir: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Plugins
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\unregaaw.exe
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk
Made Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware SE Manual.lnk
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal\Uninstall Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk
Made Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Made Dir: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk
Shell Link: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Ad-Aware SE Personal.lnk
File Tree: C:\Documents and Settings\Seraph Knapp\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware
RegDB TREE: SOFTWARE\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE
RegDB Root: 1
RegDB TREE: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Ad-Aware
RegDB TREE: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Ad-Watch
RegDB TREE: SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell\Scan with Ad-Aware
RegDB TREE: SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\Scan with Ad-Aware
RegDB TREE: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\Adwatch
File Tree: C:\Documents and Settings\Seraph Knapp\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware
File Tree: C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1
Execute Program: C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\unregaaw.exe
RegDB Val: http://www.lavasoft.de
RegDB Name: HelpLink
RegDB Val: Lavasoft
RegDB Name: Publisher
RegDB Val: C:\PROGRA~1\Lavasoft\AD-AWA~1\Ad-Aware.exe,-0
RegDB Name: DisplayIcon
RegDB Val: http://www.lavasoft.de
RegDB Name: URLInfoAbout
User Rights: Admin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 missfilippa

missfilippa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

I tried 23 times to log into This Bleeping Com HJT registration. 1. you refuse my 2 email addresses - and that is all I have
2. you refuse my username - incorrectly.
3. I have found trying to register for the HJT thing the most frustrating thing
I have ever encountered on the Internet and heaven knows there are plenty of
frustrating things around...... how do I register into this sacred place where my only 2 email addresses are refused and my user name the same..... WHY?

Is there something wrong with my stuff...... missfilippa

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do. You are already registered, proof being the fact that you posted to the site. What problem do you seem to be having?

Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

HijackThis Download Site

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the back button.

Now click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.

Create a reply to this post here and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.

Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing.

To see a tutorial with screenshots on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:

How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers, Malware, & Spyware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users