Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You Tube Downloads Breaking Up

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

Howdy,

I was trying to download some Christmas music from YouTube. Once I downloaded a song and played it, the video would pause and rewind or wind forward and then start over from the point of interuption.?

In other words all the songs are interrupted about every 15 seconds ?

The picture will stop, I will see a black screen with a white whell in the center that will be spinning.

I have Media Player 11 on the computer along with QuickTime.

Another example would be, if I play a video on YouTube, about every 10 to 15 seconds the video will stop and rewind.

Any Advice ?

Thank You for your time.

Dennis :thumbsup:

XP HOME, IE-7, SP-3

Edited by Dennis H, 23 December 2008 - 08:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

Link?

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hi Dennis, what type of internet connection are you using?

#4 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

I have Cox Cable Weatherman.

Edited by Dennis H, 23 December 2008 - 08:13 PM.

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

Link?

Frank, Here is an example.

I don't know if it will skip for you but when I played this on YouTube, within 10 seconds or so it stopped and either winds forward or backward and than starts again. It played about another 10 seconds and did the same thing.

This happens no matter what video I pick out.

Thanks,

Edited by Dennis H, 24 December 2008 - 08:26 AM.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

It plays fine. You say you're trying to download it. What are you trying to do? What are you using to download it? What browser are you using?

#7 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

It plays fine. You say you're trying to download it. What are you trying to do? What are you using to download it? What browser are you using?

I guess download is the wrong word.

What I want to do is copy and paste the url in a thread on a web site but obviously I do not want something that is going to stop and start, stop and start, etc;

This just happened recently. Up until a couple of days ago I could watch YouTube videos without a problem. All of a sudden almost all of them will pause and a white wheel will appear on the screen, spin around for a few seconds and then the video will start again from the point of interruption. This happens about every 10 to 15 seconds while the video plays.

The video I linked to that plays fine for you will not do the same for me.

Here is an example (screen shot) of what happens.
Posted Image

IE-7 is my browser. XPHome, SP-3

Edited by Dennis H, 24 December 2008 - 09:00 AM.

#8 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

It sounds like your connection speed may be slower usual, try doing a speed test to see what it is.
Try this one, http://www.speedtest.net/

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Have you tried this with another browser like Firefox? It may be a problem with your IE or possibly Flash settings. Are you trying to put a link on a webpage or the Youtube player? That it's not working for you shouldn't affect the way others see it. Another thing to try is pause the video until it loads completely and then play it.

Edited by frankp316, 24 December 2008 - 11:45 AM.

#10 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

Well, it seems to be working fine now. I went to YouTube and tried playing the same videos I was having trouble with yesterday and they are playing OK now.The link I posted in link #5 yesterday is now playing fine for me.

All I was doing is copying and pasting the link to a video on another web site. Although they were skipping when I played them on YouTube, I posted the links to a couple anyway just to see what would happen.

When I clicked on the link I pasted, they still would not play correctly. I do not know how they played for others. I was assuming that they were getting the same bad results.

Maybe there was somthing wrong on my cable providers end for the last few days ??

Thanks for the help folks !

Edited by Dennis H, 24 December 2008 - 06:22 PM.

#11 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

Your welcome,
Keep the speed test in your favorites. Run it occasionally when you connection is good, then if things do slow down you can rule in/out your connection speed. :thumbsup:

Edited by The weatherman, 24 December 2008 - 12:17 PM.

#12 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

Will do.

Here are my speed test results.
Posted Image

I am not sure if it is good or bad.

Dennis

Edit: I just found the comparison chart on the site. It looks like I am doing ok.

Edited by Dennis H, 24 December 2008 - 12:34 PM.

#13 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

You sure are Dennis. :thumbsup:

#14 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

Well, it seems to be working fine now. I went to YouTube and tried playing the same videos I was having trouble with yesterday and they are playing OK now.The link I posted in link #5 yesterday is now playing fine for me.

All I was doing is copying and pasting the link to a video on another web site. Although they were skipping when I played them on YouTube, I posted the links to a couple anyway just to see what would happen.

When I clicked on the link I pasted, they still would not play correctly. I do not know how they played for others. I was assuming that they were getting the same bad results.

Maybe there was somthing wrong on my cable providers end for the last few days ??

Thanks for the help folks !

If you want to post the Youtube player on your website, you just have to copy the html code and insert it on your website.

#15 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

How do you do that ?

In other words, I have seen were people have posted a video, where you can just click on play.

The video screen will be there and play will show, no link involved. ???

Thanks,

Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users