Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what headset should i buy?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 red_xiii 420

red_xiii 420

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

Iam looking for new headphones to buy 150 or less(for use on my pc), i want them to be wounderful for music as well as incorperate the fancy new sound card features that go into new games.

wounderfull surround sound and directional sound/sound staging (not multispeaker/ 5.1 plz)

awsome bass (subwoofer is very important.)

I do not use a microphone

I prefer closed headphones but open are ok to.

I have the new X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card from soundblaster:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1156203598230

they will be used for gaming, listening to music (metal, pop, rock, and many more, again bass very important)

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

Worth a look: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=S...mp;aq=f&oq=

I don't know if this particular line will be what you are looking for, but Sennheiser has long been a fine, reliable, quality name in the headphone arena.

Louis

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

The Headroom website has some excellent suggestions. I go to them all the time when I need headphone suggestions. Full-sized headphones are suggested, they tend to provide richer audio over earpad headphones. I have the AKG K701's but those are about $100 more than you're budgeting. Remember, that in order to have good sound, one must have a good sound card, which you do have...sort of. Here are some suggestions to consider, Sennheiser HD-555 Audiophile Headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-M50S Monitor Headphones, and Sennheiser RS 140 Wireless (about $50 out of your price range).

Edited by DJBPace07, 23 December 2008 - 05:55 PM.

3939.png

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

The 3 people I know that have them swear they're the best
Koss Porta Pro
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?ope...5Ept%5EPORTAPRO
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

The Porta Pro headphones are great if you are using them in an active environment, such as while working out. I myself prefer headphones that fit into the ear canal for those types of applications. However, they do not provide a large bass unlike full headphones that cup the ear entirely.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users