Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Member from NorCal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShanMT1999

ShanMT1999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

Hello there!

I'm new to these forums. I found this site while trying to figure out what the *bleep* is wrong with my laptop computer. Well I know what's wrong with it... it's got a ton of malware on it. I'm here to try and figure out what to do about it!

I figure if I can fix this myself with a little help from some Bleeping Computer members, then I'll save the $160 my local computer shop wants to do it. Also, I can save myself the all too familiar (and yet FREE) solution of reformatting my hard drive (YUCK!) :thumbsup:

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and explain why I'm here.

Luckily, my computer just made it through finals, but now that it's Winter Break, the pop ups are so annoying that I'm losing valuable internet "fool around" time, LOL! I need to catch up on all my TV shows I miss during the semester - hahahahaha. Graduate School burns me out and I like to recharge with simple mindless activities.

Nice to meet you,
-Shannon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:41 PM

Hey there, ShanMT1999! Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

There are a few of us here from Northern California, so it may be possible that the very same people who work at your local computer shop will be the ones who help you here. Kinda creepy if you think about it.

#3 ShanMT1999

ShanMT1999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

WOW... such a lightening quick reply to make me feel welcome! I really appreciate it, Andrew.
Also, really good to know there's a group from Northern California on these boards. I feel right at home already! :thumbsup:

So a glorious Good Morning to all, straight outta Humboldt.

I'm off to search for instructions on HJT... wish me luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users